Movimento Turismo del Vino is an association that operates throughout the national territory with the aim of promoting and enhancing territories and places of wine production, creating economic growth prospects, but above all promoting a natural lifestyle which puts the guest in the spotlight. MTV member wineries are selected according to specific requirements, first of all the quality of the wine tourism welcoming. The wine tourist is more and more careful, prepared and evolved, he has precise expectations when he goes to visit a winery. The hospitality must then comply with specific quality standards. The culture of wine can not be improvised it needs suitable equipment, adequate facilities and staff able to transfer history, technique and emotion of producing wine. For this reason MTV in 2003 issued the "Decalogue of Welcoming" which stems from the need to qualify the tourism offer of its member wineries. Certified by 3A-PTA (Agribusiness Technology Park of Umbria), the "Decalogue of Welcoming" is the definition of the requirements that must be guaranteed by all MTV member companies: the appropriate signposting, the appropriate environment for wine tasting, the specific staff training, the availability of wine tasting glasses, the possibility of wineries and vineyards guided tours and the preparation of wines informative material. The wineries that meet these precise quality standards they get the "Quality certification", synonymous with professionalism in the hospitality, the certificate is subject to periodic controls and three-year renewals. The certified wineries are immediately recognizable thanks to the Badge "Accoglienza coi Fiocchi" (Slap-up Welcome).
Disciplinary of the "Winery Welcoming quality"
The elements considered in order to define the characteristics that each group of estates has to guarantee are three: Standard for the company - Method - Staff.
- Signs in accordance with the roadway code, located in the vicinity of the company making it possible to find it easily.
- A terracotta tile that identifies the winery/distillery as a member of the Movimento Turismo del Vino to be posted at the company's entrance within one year from its certification audit.
- A Plaque - sign showing the reception data (days and hours) to be affixed at the entrance of the company within one year from its certification audit.
- A location for the initial welcome and reception of clients, proportional to the required capacity of the visit (minimum 4 people).
- An area equipped for tastings with enough seats proportional to the receptive capacity of visits (minimum 4 people), characterized by a uniform and widespread lighting of adequate intensity.
- Shop area. If this area is not apart from the rest, the stock area must be apart from the tasting and reception of the client areas.
- Hygienic washrooms available to the visitors, adequate to the stated reception capacity with health and hygiene requirements in accordance with public use and local regulations.
- Parking lot reserved for tourists, which is designed for the reception capacity. (car-bus)
- Informative material about the company and its products printed in at least two languages, including Italian.
- Carrying out the initial welcome with familiarity, making guests feel comfortable (serving water and giving the possibility of using washrooms).
- Offering the possibility of winery and/or vineyard guided tours
- Making available only pre-packaged wines/spirits for visitors.
- Making at least one type of tasting glass available.
- Being available to receive visitors (tour and tasting) on Sundays, pre-holidays and / or holidays, by appointment.
- Availability of data sheets or brochures of the company's different types of wines or spirits enabling the wine tourist to know the proposed wines / spirits.
- The welcoming employee must have a good level of knowledge about the company, its products and its working procedures, must be kind, professional and able to hold the tour of the winery/distillery activities as well as to offer the company's wines/spirits tastings.
- In the case of wine, staff must have knowledge of viticulture and enology, and possibly of territory tradition.
- The person in charge of welcome must have knowledge of at least one foreign language.